Sunday 12 February 2012

C.O. Visits

So we're having our C.O. visit here in Zac. The first as a congregation in 9 months... And we had our last C.O. visit in April in Uganda. So it was quite exciting. Shane and Misty Fleming are missionaries and after 8 years in Panama they have been given the privilege of the circuit work here in Mexico.
They are a very funny, down to earth, very encouraging couple with so many interesting experiences.
Funny enough they were in the same class as Gary and Angela Rappeneckers (do you remember them? in Uganda?).
So it was nice to relate to them. And we have so many things in common with them thanks to all the years we have been in Uganda.
His talks are really encouraging. I can see how the faithful and discreet slave, and therefore Jehovah, is keeping us up during these distressing times.
I love the way Jehovah keeps on letting us know that HE'S WATCHING and HE KNOWS what is going on down here to all of his servants. I am so appreciative.

And I loved the way he expressed zeal or being zealous at the pioneer meeting. We create a "space" around us to be able to pioneer in this crazy world and we don't allow anything to pierce that bubble. That's what being zealous/jealous mean.

And another thing I learned that I want to put into practice is to become a better teacher and this involves not talking. It involves limiting ourselves to the question in the teach book and if we need to add something, it should be like Jesus: illustrations, experiences and questions. Nothing more.

So something for me to work on as I like to talk a lot. ;-)

Anyway, today is the last day of the visit unfortunately. It was very busy, out morning and afternoon and with a meeting everyday of the week. So yes, "We are pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; we are persecuted, but not left in the lurch; we are thrown down, but not destroyed."


So from tomorrow is back to normality. We're thinking of taking a weekend off... let's see!

So today is the public talk and I'll probably have a study coming... Jehovah I'll leave it up to you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, dear friends. Bob and I are in Atlantic Canada and we are just gobbling up every need greater blog that we can as we prepare to (Jehovah willing) serve where the need is greater. I have read from the beginning of your adventures in Uganda ( Bob'll catch up, eventually. He's still stuck in the mud back in Panama, I think... ;) I agree that pioneering means security and you expanded on it with this post, that we must jealously/zealously guard that bubble of security around that service. I also love what you shared about how being a better teacher requires that we talk less. I am often shocked when I actually do just that (doesn't happen often ) and the householder/study responds so much better. Thanks for your encouraging/hilarious blogs. Jehovah surely takes delight in your willing spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      it's nice to hear that someone follows our adventures... We're back in Africa now but in Lobatse, Botswana. We arrived 2 weeks ago and still settling... We'll look forward to hear from you both soon. Take care and thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete